Are you sitting the Multiple Choice or Written English STAT?
If you are a bit nervous, have not sat an exam in a while or are looking for some assistance, you may want to consider attending a STAT preparation workshop.
VTAC will be holding a full day Multiple Choice workshop and a half day Written English workshop.
The workshop convener is Dianne Read, an exceptional educator with a wealth of experience in adult education and has helped many people prepare for the STAT. At the workshop:
● Develop test-taking strategies so you walk into the STAT ready to complete 70 questions in 2 hours.
● Avoid the common traps and mistakes that unprepared applicants make.
● Discover how to create the right psychological mindset
● Learn specific problem-solving strategies for the Quantitative and Verbal questions
● Practice and review Quantitative questions with science and maths contexts
● Practice and review Verbal questions with language and visual contexts
● Understand what the STAT is and how the test is used for admission purposes
● Pull it all together and apply what you’ve learnt in a short practice-test
● Take home a pool of questions to continue your preparation
Multiple Choice STAT workshop
Saturday 14 May 2016, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Please bring your own lunch and snacks
Written English STAT Workshop
Sunday 15 May 2016, 9:30am – 1:00pm
Please bring your own snacks
Multiple Choice Workshop – Caulfield East
Written English Workshop – Hawthorn
Venue information will be sent to you in an email upon booking.
Full-day Multiple Choice workshop: $169 (incl. GST).
Half-day Written English workshop: $95 (incl. GST)
There are free practice questions available in the STAT Candidate Information Booklet, and ACER have further questions for purchase from their website.
If you haven’t yet booked your STAT or ALSET, scheduled sitting dates and times can be found on the VTAC website. There are regional and metro sittings for Mid-Year applications. See When and Where STAT and When and Where ALSET.