You’ve received an offer for a course, now what?

Specific enrolment details will be sent to you separately by the institution making the offer and you must follow these instructions to enrol.

In some cases, enrolment will initially be completed online. In other cases you may be required to attend enrolment in person on a specific date and time. In most cases, you will need to supply photo ID to enrol.

If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), you must provide your Tax File Number (TFN) to enrol. For information about getting a TFN, see the Australian Taxation Office website, www.ato.gov.au or call 13 28 61.

General enrolment dates

Generally, enrolment is held in the last week of January (for Round One offers) or the second week of February (for Round Two offers)—you should make yourself available during this period in case you get an offer.

Your enrolment date

To find your specific enrolment date and time, follow the instructions sent to you by the institution. It’s important that you enrol on time, because in most cases the institution won’t hold the place for you beyond the set date and time.

What if I don’t receive enrolment instructions from the institution?

If you still haven’t received enrolment instructions more than two days after receiving your offer advice from VTAC, contact the institution directly.

What if I can’t enrol when I’m supposed to?

If you won’t be able to attend enrolment, you should contact the institution immediately and check whether they will allow an authorised nominee (someone you choose) to enrol on your behalf. If this is possible, you should provide your authorised nominee with the enrolment instructions and the list of subjects you want to enrol in.

Note: Assigning an authorised nominee for enrolment must be authorised by the institution making you an offer. This is a totally separate process to assigning an authorised nominee for your VTAC course application.

What if I miss the enrolment date?

If you don’t enrol on the date and time specified in your offer message, your offer will lapse. However, if you want to accept the offer, you should contact the institution and ask them if a place is still available and whether you are able to enrol late.

What type of course have I been offered?

The last digit of the course code indicates the fee type for the place you have been offered.

Course codes ending in ‘1’: Commonwealth supported places. Means that you are required to pay only part of the cost of your place in the course because the majority of the cost is paid by the Australian Government (for Commonwealth supported places) and the Victorian Government (for government funded VET places).

Course codes ending in ‘2’: Domestic fee places. There is no contribution from the government. You will be liable for the full cost of the course.

Course codes ending in ‘3’: International fee places. You will be liable for the full cost of the course.

Offers for international fee places were released on the VTAC website at 2pm on Friday 8 January 2016.

Course codes ending in ‘4’: VET places with the fee-type not yet determined. Your eligibility for a government-funded place and the fees you are required to pay will be determined by the VET provider at enrolment.

Information on eligibility can be found here on the VTAC website.

Fee amounts and payments

To find out the amount you are required to pay and the payment options, refer to the tertiary institution that has made you an offer.

For information about government help to pay your fees, see the Study Assist website www.studyassist.gov.au

6 replies

  1. Hello,

    I received an offer today. However it not the University I REALLY wanted to go to. Can I still receive future offers if I enrol into the course that I was offered today? so that I know I have an offered secure.

  2. Whats happening with the cease applications. We suffured with our sickness now we are suffering without a result. Why wasnt this done before when the cease were handed in. I am yet to receive an offer this is ludicrous.

    • Hi Manny,

      There’s no separate notification for SEAS applications. All SEAS applications received by the deadline last year were assessed and used by institutions in making selection decisions. If you have any questions about your application, please call VTAC on 1300 364 133.


  3. Hi, I have chosen to take a gap year for 2016 (graduated in 2015). I have not accepted any of my Uni offers and would like to apply for admission to university in 2017 with different preferences to what I chose last year.

    Would I apply for an student year 12 account in August?

    If so, my only concern is that, with respect to reapplying for the University preferences for entry in 2017, would you still accept FTB-A and B receipts from last year? As I have turned 18 my family have been cut from FTB’s but I was wondering if you would still accept these OLD receipts for the SEAS application.

    • Hi G,

      Yes, you can apply for 2017 courses from August this year by creating a new VTAC account.

      Check the VTAC website in late July for the finalised SEAS documentation requirements, but most likely FTB documentation from the previous year will be accepted. Additionally, if you are now receiving any Centrelink benefits in your own name, e.g. Youth Allowance, you can also supply evidence of this in support of your SEAS application.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s