Last chance to book the STAT or ALSET for 2015

This weekend marks the last scheduled date for admissions test sittings in 2015. If you need to sit the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test) or the ALSET (Australian Law Schools Entrance Test) the final round of sittings will be held on Saturday 28 November at La Trobe University Shepparton campus and Deakin University Melbourne Burwood campus.

To sit a test this weekend, you must book and pay by 5pm (AEDST), Wednesday 25 November. You can do this through your VTAC user account.

If you have already booked your sitting, please ensure that you pay by the deadline, as late payments cannot be accepted.

If you’re not sure whether or not you need to sit the test for selection into a course, look up course selection criteria on CourseSearch, have a read over the Institutions that use STAT and information about who needs the ALSET, and also check out a blog we posted a couple of months ago.

If you’re still unsure, it’s best to contact the institution you’re applying to for their advice, as they set the selection requirements and can give you definitive advice. The refund policy is strict so if you book a test without first checking if it’s a requirement, you won’t necessarily receive a refund.

For more information about Admissions Tests please visit the Admissions tests page on the VTAC website.

2 replies

1. How do I get my atar calculated again (a second time) after I have received one. So if I know I’ve done better and want a re-calculation of my atar how do I do that and when do I apply?

Tuka

Sent from my iPhone

• Hi Tuka,

Any request for reassessment in a particular subject would be made to the VCAA: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/index.aspx

If any of your study scores change as a result of reassessment, we will automatically calculate a new ATAR for you.

If you are concerned about the ATAR calculation specifically, you can can check this yourself using simple maths – all the information you need to manually verify the calculation is printed on the ATAR statement itself.

Regards,
      VTAC